Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Diet

So after bingeing on mac and cheese and every food i was giving up today, I have developed my elimination diet!

Last year this time I went on the full comprehensive elimination diet that excluded:
  • Oranges and all citrus 
  • all dairy, goats milk, whey, casein, butter
  • pork, beef, veal, sausage, cold cuts, canned meat, hot dogs, and shell fish
  • Gluten, wheat, barley, spelt, kamut, and rye- this also includes caramel color and modified food starch
  • All soy products- tofu included
  • Peanuts and Peanut butter
  • Corn 
  • processed oils, olive oil, canola and vegetable oil
  • eggs, mayonnaise 
  • Alcohol
  • Chocoalte
  • Caffeine
  • All sugars- natural or processed, honey, syrups,- limited to 1 piece of food a day
  • Night shades- potato, tomato, eggplant, paprika, peppers
  • Squashes
So what did I eat? Well chicken, rice, and most veggies... 

This time around I am doing a slightly modified version. 
Avoid completely:
  • Gluten and all those grains
  • Dairy
  • Soy 
  • Eggs, mayo
  • Chocolate (sigh*)
  • Caffeine
  • Alcohol 
  • Corn
Once a week:
  • One sugar a week.. but try to use agave and honey or fruits 
  • Night shades- only one meal a week will have night shades in it
  • Squash
  • Once a week I will eat one of the meats on the list
What can I eat?
  • rice milk, almond milk
  • rice and quinoa
  • chicken, fish, lamb, duck, turkey
  • cook with olive oil and grape seed oil
  • agave in moderation
  • veggies veggies veggies!
Sooo... every day or so I will be typing up the progress- what I am eating, how i am feeling, recipes and tips that I find helpful. It is really hard to eat enough calories when cutting out so many meats and carbs,  so I will be working on finding snacks that keep my blood sugar up. 

Tip of today: Did you know night shade vegetables cause arthritic pain in some people? If you are feeling really achy night shades are the first food group that should go!

So, goodbye yummy foods... hello happy body! Now all that is left is finding the self control and will power to actually do this! 

1 comment:

  1. So... if I'm sore after the gym I have an excuse to cut out more vegetables? ;)

    ReplyDelete